1. Property owner requesting culvert installation for driveway access or extension must call the Road and Bridge Department located at 5115 Highway 3 in Dickinson at (281) 534-4152 for assistance.
2. A work order will be forwarded to the appropriate Drainage Manager for an on-site inspection. The Drainage Manager will determine the diameter of culvert needed to be purchased and if the culvert qualifies as initial access. The Drainage Manager will inform the property owner of the culverts size.
3. The property owner will purchase and place on site where they are to be set, then come to the Road Department office at 5115 Highway 3 in Dickinson (or 924 Nobel Carl for Bolivar Peninsula) to complete teh permit information and pay the installation fee for the work to be performed.
4. Installation of initial culvert installation of up to 20 linear is a fee of $258.00.
Installation of additional culverts including add-ons will be installed at $19.82 per linear foot.
A Money Order or Cashier’s Check (no cash or checks) must be made payable to the County of Galveston.
5. A surface drain, with grate is required every 50 feet.
6. Manager will add new permit to the schedule of culverts to be installed.