In accordance with the recommendations of the Office of Court Administration and national health authorities regarding the COVID-19 crisis, County Courts at Law Numbers One, Two and Three have made the following provisions effective MARCH 23, 2020 through APRIL 30, 2020.
• County Court dockets and hearings are CANCELLED unless otherwise notified by the individual Court.
• One County Court judge and their staff will be available at the Justice Center to handle any emergency requests or time-sensitive matter. That Judge will also conduct the daily misdemeanor jail docket;
• Court personnel for the two courts not available at the Justice Center are working remotely from home and processing any new filings and requests for hearings. You may continue to communicate with the court coordinator or court reporter by email regarding any court business;
• No JURY trials for the month of April;
• All agreed and uncontested family matters ordinarily presented by live testimony shall be presented by affidavit of testimony. The Courts will review the proposed, signed orders and affidavits without the necessity of a live appearance in court;
• Associate Judge Baker's family dockets will be rescheduled through April with the exception of emergency hearings and Protective Orders. Those hearings will be held via telephone conference and, to the extent possible, parties are asked to e-file and exchange any exhibits and witness affidavits prior to the hearing date.
• County Court Administration will be available at the Justice Center, by phone and email for any issues that may arise during daily operations.
At this time the county remains open and these procedures may be extended depending on the status of COVID-19 and the recommendations made by the CDC.