Parties Without Attorneys
Guidelines for Uncontested Cases
If you do not have an Attorney, and you are in court for an UNCONTESTED Divorce, Modification, Suit Affecting Parent-Child Relationship or Name Change you must follow these guidelines:
1. Uncontested cases for Parties Without Attorneys are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m.
2. Bring your fully completed FINAL ORDERS to court with you on those days. The court DOES NOT PROVIDE ORDERS.
3. Pleadings, Final Orders, Waivers and other related divorce and and family court documents can be found at TexasLawHelp.Org. (Click the attached link).
4. Opposing party must be personally served or a Waiver must be signed and on file for a minimum of 10 days.
5. All blanks must Final Orders must be fully filled out or crossed out.
6. Opposing party must have signed the Final Orders or you must give them at least 10 days notice of the specific day you will come to court to finalize.
7. All orders with minor children must include orders regarding custody, visitation and child support contained as part of the Divorce, Modification or Suit Affecting Parent Child Relationship Decree.
9. All orders with minor children must have a Wage Witholding Order fully filled out with the child support amounts and case information. (Click the attached link).
VERY IMPORTANT: THE JUDGE NOR ANY OF THE COURT WORKERS CAN GIVE LEGAL ADVICE. WE WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR NOTICE REQUIREMENTS, FINAL FORMS AND TESTIMONY.
WE WILL NOT ASSIST YOU IN A CONTESTED CASE. YOU ARE ADVISED TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.